Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul E Walshaw
Dr. Paul E Walshaw, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tempe, AZ. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Walshaw is affiliated with St Josephs Hospital. Dr. Walshaw has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul E Walshaw has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 5 of 11
He has not followed up with my mother since 2014 at which time he claimed she was at Stage 4 Kidney disease. He told her to not eat salt. From what I have read at Stage 4 you need to do or not do more than just not eat salt!! When trying to make a future appointment was told they didn't have the book to make her one.
After reading a couple reviews of Dr. Walshaw I would like to share my experiences with him. First of all, Dr. Walshaw has been my nephrologist for 17 years, so I've have a great deal of experience with him from being on kidney dialysis to kidney transplant. I trusted him with my life 17 years ago, and I still maintain that trust. He has always worked "with me", never telling me what I had to do and I feel very lucky to have a great working relationship.
I hv recently moved to Tucson from the east I am very pleased to hv the opportunity to become dr walshaws pt. He is always kind very knowledgeable & does not rush u thru your appt. He is a kind very&considerate dr who makes sure u understand all the information which is a rarity in a physician. I am confident & very comfortable being under his care. I'm very grateful .tp hv found him
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Walshaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Saskatchewan College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Tucson Medical Center
Dr. Paul E Walshaw accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul E Walshaw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.