Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Walting MD
Dr. Paul J Walting, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amherst, MA, with another office in Springfield, MA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Sleep Medicine and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul J Walting has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul J Walting has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Paul J Walting has the following 4 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Paul J Walting is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
The staff is great, Walting ford not care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Walting - Posted on July 24th, 2012
The man did not have a room waiting, decided to get breakfast before taking me, bit his nails while talking to me leaning backwards in a chair, and then referred me to someone else. He did not care, he had other things to do. Unless you are a cash cow (perhaps someone with a seizure disorder meaning he will get multiple visits with you, he does not care). The staff was great, they always have been, always will be. So, if you are going for a sleep related issue and not some other issue, do not see this man as he will just send you to his "sleep therapist".... which is also his best friend... This makes you wonder how sincere he is vs. how many people these two bounce between eachother for the money.
Why won't someone help me before I die or lose my family.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Walting - Posted on April 14th, 2011
Sleep study included delay in start due to an overwhelmed clinician who stated he had 5 other patients. He had to cut my time there short as well waking me very early because he had so many others to deal with. I had to call repeatedly for months to try and get some feedback about my sleep study. Only when I mentioned involving my insurance company and higher ups at Baystate did I finally get a phone call back. Not much info given to me then over the phone though apnea was confirmed. Now about 8 months later I still can't get a phone call back to schedule a follow up with a CPAP. I hope to get this taken care of before I possibly lose my family, get CHF, or stroke and die.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Walting - Posted on April 9th, 2011
20 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Paul J Walting Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul J Walting, MD - Sleep Medicine in Amherst, MA, in this video.
Dr. Paul J Walting is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Amherst, MA.