Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul H Zimmering has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Knee Surgery
- Back Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Injections
- Occupational Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Wrist Injury
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Spinal Stenosis
- Joint Replacement
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Neck Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Seems like he likes his reputation as a short, bad tempered orthopedic surgeon. The rumor in the office is that three nurses quit because he is such a tyrant. Isn't it time for such an immature person in a doctor's outfit NOT to be tolerated? ACT like a real doctor...your job is to treat and comfort people who are sick. Your day-to-day mood swings should not be the issue of the patients who are there because THEY are sick not You who seems to have a sick personality. I am sure there are other doctors that are just as competent if not better. I am not tolerating Paul Zimmering's abusive temper and bad manners !!!
I heard him, through an open door, screaming at another patient about the patient hurting his staff members feelings. I knew that staffer, and she's insane, very difficult to carry on a conversation with; I felt bad for the patient. I think this guy is an average surgeon, but hearing that outburst really bothered me. I didn't like following up with Dr Zimmerings APRN; her pain control philosophy is borderline cruel. Sadly, I will go elsewhere for further surgery, if required; Midstate Hospital does not use a baseline/ maintenance IV med for pain control, so you have to push the self- medication button every 8 minutes for a teeny bit of pain med. NOT my idea of a fun time for a total hip replacement. In summary, a good surgeon ruined by a bad temper.
This is the first time I have ever commented on a doctor. But, after the experience I have had I feel compelled. After getting misdiagnosed by Dr. Zimmering, which caused further pain and healing time, he sent me a bill for that mistake. Then, after 2 more visits, each lasting about 5 minutes, he was unable to supply any direction regarding the recovering process. Especially since it is a fractured heel and effecting my ability to walk, I owe that information to my employers and FMLA regarding my recovery process. He doesn't give you the time of day and when you do ask questions, he is short and even went as far as opening the door during an appointment saying I won't answer any more questions, closing the door and cursing to his staff. No good!
I've been with this group a long time - over 20 years. Zimmering has a pretty good bedside manner, to me. Smiles, jokes, serious when he needs to be. His diagnoses are accurate, and he gives me the options for treatment, the chances of success of each one. The wait time in the office varies; I have waited there as little as 5 minutes, with one awful wait of 96 minutes but that was unusual. Dr Willett's office staff recommended Zimmering to me, and I've been happy with him (and his recommended treatment).
Dr. Zimmering is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Paul H Zimmering accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul H Zimmering is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Wallingford, CT.