Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul D Zislis
Dr. Paul D Zislis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tallahassee, FL, with another office in Panama City, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Zislis is affiliated with Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. Dr. Zislis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul D Zislis has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
I have been a patient of Dr. Zislis for over 6 years, and all I can say is that he is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. I have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life and went through several other psychiatrists in the area. None are as compassionate, as caring, or as kind as Dr. Zislis. He actually LISTENS to me instead of just giving me pills that keep me spaced out and make me feel not like myself.
I became a patient in 2004 after a family member's hospitalization and another one's death (unrelated) pushed me into depression. Dr. Zislis offered kind and professional assistance, while allowing me to be a full partner in my own care. I am a nurse and I knew that I needed help. Dr. Zislis respected my professional knowledge, but also knew my personal limitations. He helped me work through a difficult period time in my life and then let me move on with confidence. Thank you
My first encounter with Dr. Zislis was at BHC inpatient unit in 2008. He exuded caring and calm. Later, after hearing good things about him from a coworker, I decided to call his office. I was accepted as a patient and have been pleased that he listens well and is encouraging rather than controlling; offers possibilities rather than dictates; and seems more of an assistant in this struggle with mental illness rather than a commander. I am glad to have become his patient in Tallahassee.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zislis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Universidad Popular Autonoma De Puebla
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Paul D Zislis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul D Zislis in this video.
Dr. Paul D Zislis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.