Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul B Zukoff has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul B Zukoff has the following 11 expertise
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paul B Zukoff has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul B Zukoff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
This practice, and particularly its office staff, is unbelievably insensitive to the needs of senior citizens. My elderly mother has been verbally abused by office staff, ordered by staff to climb onto the examining table when clearly she was unable to do so due to a recent injury, and no staff member EVER helps her on or off the examining table or scale when she tries to acquiesce to their demands. Appointment times are regularly changed by office staff--sometimes 2 or 3 times for a single appointment--and for no apparent reason, other than to confuse an elderly person trying to keep track of her calendar and arrange for necessary care. Office staff is rude when asked for information, incompetent when relaying said information, and utterly incapable of treating senior citizens in a caring manner. Dr. Zukoff does not call patients or their caregivers, leaving it to his office/nursing staff to call patients with results of tests and next steps--and the staff is totally incompetent in accurately relaying such important information. My family is relatively new to this practice, but we are actively looking for a new physician practice.
Dr. Zukoff listens carefully, gives thoughtful responses to questions, allows the patient to fully describe the complaint and gives his full attention during the office visit. His manner is serious, but the nursing staff is usually a little more jolly. The practice is interested in maintaining health and preventive care through regular annual check-ups. I have been a patient for 19 years.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Zukoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1986
Overlook Medical Center
Dr. Paul B Zukoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Care Llc, 571 Central Ave Ste 112, New Providence, NJ
Dr. Paul B Zukoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Providence, NJ.