Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paula J Aucoin has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paula J Aucoin has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paula J Aucoin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paula J Aucoin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Aucoin is super. I am not a constant complainer and she listens to what I am saying. She has discovered unsuspected conditions, ordered tests and referred me to specialists when needed. One of these conditions, would not have had a good outcome had she not discovered it. I am grateful and happy to have her as my doctor. She is the best!
Fine as far as getting my Lyme tests and diagnosis, but not interested in finding out more about my symptoms. In fact, when I said, "I feel as if all my previous Injuries have come back" she snapped, "Why are you telling me this?" A doctor like that is not going to learn from her patients, and Lyme symptoms vary so widely she might want to add to her knowledge. Also all she has to offer are antibiotics, which the case of in long-term chronic Lyme, are pretty ineffective.
I have always feel as though I am rushed through the exam process.She shows a lack of compassion and seems to have a "God Complex".I never leave her office feeling as though my concerns are validated.I understand financial constraints and too many patients for each practice. I also understand that insurances only allow so much time for each visit. Something serious needs to be done with our health care system if this is the way Dr Acoin and other physicians are forced to treat patients.
41 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Paula J Aucoin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBerkshire Medical Group, 777 North St Ste 207, Pittsfield, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paula J Aucoin in this video.
Dr. Paula J Aucoin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsfield, MA.