Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paula T Babiss has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paula T Babiss has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paula T Babiss has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Babiss is now with Wilmington Health Associates, Wilmington, NC.I had 1 visit wit Dr. Babiss...I was referred to a Neuroligist, a Pain Management Specialist, a Rheumatologist (in another state!), scheduled for a mamogram. I told Dr. Babiss that I am on a fixed income and can not afford the co-pay for all of these doctors. $25 for Dr. Babiss, $45 for EACH specialist, another $25 for her to follow up...that is $95 x 4 = $380 + labs, xrays, medication co-pays.She is affiliated with Wilmington Health Associates, all but 1 of the specialists she sent me too are also affiliated with Wilmington Health Associates. In my opinion, this whole group is a money making scam that keeps you running from one doctor to another...spreading the wealth around to all of the doctors in the group.
31 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
New York University
Dr. Paula T Babiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilmington Health Pllc, 1202 Medical Center Dr, Wilmington, NC
Dr. Paula T Babiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.