Dr. Paula C Henderson Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Paula C Henderson?

new experience with a doctor!

i was recommended to doctor p. henderson by a casual friend - my first visit was different. she came into the room never said a word. i sat there for a while then told her my name and said that i had an appointment at such and such a time - she just looked at me then went back to her computer i then told her my problem and why i was there. the visit was brief. hard time understanding her she gave me a slip for lab work and sent me to the front desk for scheduling. she also ordered some medicine for me. i wasn't happy with the results so she changed some of it on my next visit of which i explained to her that i had taken it before with bad results but she thought it would work with a combination. not so.for me i think i should move on.it seems like a lack of comunicatinon and understanding between us.

Less Compassionate Than a Rock

Dr Henderson saw my Mom today. She spent 20 minutes with my mom and I, with 15 minutes in silence typing on her computer. What time she did spend talking with us we could not understand her and had to have her repeat herself 2 to 3 times. She kept repeating the same diagnosis that nothing was broken which I had told her at the beginning of the interview. All the information we received about my moms treatment and testing I had to ask Dr Henderson because she gave us nothing unless I asked her. The whole visit we felt that we were bothering her. In the end she handed me some papers and said that the front desk would take care of us and she left the room with us wondering what was happening. She should work with people that do not need any real help, Like a Corpse.

Never saw this doctor before, this practice has changed my primary three times in less than two years. She didn't introduce herself, sat down at the computer, I asked if she was Dr. Henderson and she said "yes," asked her a question and her answer was "yes," went back to computer and said that she wasn't concerned with my concerns that she was concerned about my low sodium and was thinking hyperaldosteronism. I asked if it could be fatal and she said "yes," I asked her if I should get my affairs in order and she said "yes!" She never asked me about how much fluid I intake each day or anything about my daily habits or lifestyle. She pronounced a death sentence on me from a lab with slightly low sodium, before the results of a CAT scan she was ordering for me. Had she bothered to ask me anything she would have discovered that I drink far too much water and unsweetened iced tea everyday!! I know it's too much and I have cut way back on my own. She spent 30 minutes with her back to me not saying anything further and got up handed me the orders and walked out without a word. Now if I were the type of person who took every doctor at their word I might have come home and taken an overdose or blown my brains out to avoid a prolonged painful death. Luckily I am knowledgeable and don't necessarily trust everything a doctor says. This woman is cold as ice and should not be practicing medicine in my opinion. I plan on reporting her to the head of the practice and to the AMA and the State Board. I will be changing primary physicians soon. As usual you can't submit a review without giving an overall rating so I was forced to give one star against my better judgement!

Encouraging visit

I took my Sweet Senior in for a check-up w Meds DR.Henderson was very polite, concerned and listened to us. She took the time to explain everything and switched my Aunts Meds. The front office Ashley was very sweet on the phone and squeezed us into their schedule, Amazing!

It was very difficult trying to get seen!

Unbelievable!

I went with my daughter to her appt., I am 68 years old and have had numerous Doctors in my Life, but the behavior of "Dr. Henderson" (She is definitely in the wrong career) was downright rude. Does not say "Hello" or "Good Bye", makes no eye contact what- so- ever with her patient, just does her work on the computer without saying a single word. This visit was an unbelievable experience. My daughter asked 1 question and her response was a lie, she did not bother checking on her computer. How can a person like this be a Doctor, that people should have Confidence, Trust and Believe in. I am still truly in shock over that visit. My daughter most certainly is changing to a different Dr. The only words out of her mouth during the entire visit as she walked out of the room were "I send you for Lab work". I can not believe this entire experience.

Poor bedside manner

I was not at all comfortable with Dr. Henderson when I saw her for the first time yesterday. I did not feel respected, listened to, or cared about AT ALL -- she was very brusque and showed absolutely no sense of friendliness or concern. In fact, although I am forty-two years old, she somehow made me feel like a disobedient child. Even the patient intake forms rubbed me the wrong way...and I have filled out a LOT of those things over the years without feeling this way. I did make a follow-up appointment, but I will be canceling it and returning to my previous doctor, in spite of Dr. Henderson's considerably more convenient location.

Stay Away!

Do not pick this doctor as your primary! Very rude office staff, paperwork is not processed in a timely matter. Stay away from this office. It's also very dirty there.