Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paula K Mcphail has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Paula K Mcphail has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Paula K Mcphail is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Mcphail very briefly examined my child(1yr) and decided that my child did not did not need an IV. My child was moderately to severely dehydrated and lethargic. She ordered no blood tests either! Dr. mcPhail had me syringe feed gatorade to my listless child that would only fight me as as my child was obviously beyond just needing oral fluids. My child would only fight or stay awake when something was being done to my child and then immediately pass out again. My child had an elevated heart rate which was dismissed bc "it was probably high from fighting". They tested my child for a UTI. Gave my child a shot of anti-nausea medicine and sent us home like it was no big deal my child was obviously very dehydrated. Went to another hospital(2nd hospital) after leaving to find out my child's blood sugar was desperately low(bc the 2nd hospital actually ordered blood work) and my child still had an elevated heart rate still, which is one of the beginning signs of severe dehydration(dr at the 2nd hospital told me this and it is very serious in small children). Within minutes of being at the 2nd hospital my child was seen in triage and quickly put in a room and with one look of the 2nd dr he immediately ordered and had an IV put in because he said "it is clearly obvious that your child is very dehydrated". They acted fast as the state of my child was clearly worse than Dr. Mcphail had previous assessed. The dr and staff of the 2nd hospital were shocked that my child received such woefully negligent care at USAWC(first hospital) under the care of Dr. Mcphail.
I've had 2 run ins with her on both occasions my daughterwas not evaluated other than listening to her breath. She said well maybe she has a virus both times. I will be reporting her to the medical board. My daughter is a very ill child has been since birth. Why is she allowed to work with sick babies again?
Dr. Paula K Mcphail accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paula K Mcphail is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.