Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paulajo J Malin MD
Dr. Paulajo J Malin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE, with another office in Omaha, NE. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Paulajo J Malin has 2 locations
Dr. Paulajo J Malin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Paulajo J Malin has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
Showing 2 of 2
A Patient’s Blessing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paulajo J Malin - Posted on January 12th, 2019
Dr. PaulaJo Malin is a blessing from God to all the patients she serves! Dr. Malin recently provided her professional expertise to my Dad, Jim Conrad and the positive results have made a lasting impact on his remaining quality of life. Our family can’t thank her enough for the time spent with my Dad while he was in the hospital. She is truly a blessing!
Dr. Malin has been a "God sent" for my Dad.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paulajo J Malin - Posted on January 6th, 2019
Words just can not be said to give justice on what a wonderful doctor Dr. Malin is. She worked with my Dad, Jim Conrad and was an absolute angel. Dr. Malin has a great knack on working with elderly with Dementia. She not only worked with him, but spent time with family members. I would recommend her for any award that can be bestowed upon her. I just want to thank her for her work with my Dad.
20 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Paulajo J Malin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paulajo J Malin, MD - Psychiatry in Omaha, NE, in this video.
Dr. Paulajo J Malin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Omaha, NE.