Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Pauline J Jose has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Pauline J Jose has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Women's Health
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Family Planning
Dr. Pauline J Jose has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
She's been my doctor for over 15 years and she is the best! she listens, she cares and she remembers you for the next time... what more can you ask for in the world of HMO where most doctors have well over a thousand patients a month for only 10 bucks a pop, paid to them from Insurance! Insurance be dammed!
I have been Dr. Jose's patient for over ten years now. My husband and children now go to her as well as my in-laws, and many, friends and co-workers. The reason is very plain. She is an OUTSTANDING doctor! Her office staff is very professional and helpful. There is no finer health care in Los Angeles.I would give her ten stars if I could!
Dr. Jose might be a nice woman, but a good Dr. she is NOT! Everyone is blaming her staff, but her staff is just an extension of her very unprofessional work ethic. This is my experience as her patient:1. I used to be a Premium Group member until Dr. Jose decided that she no longer could work with that group and I was told that I needed to change my group. I had no problem with that and notified my insurance. Unfortunately, it seems Dr. Jose did not notify her staff. A few weeks later she referred me to a specialist. I made an appointment for a month later. Two days before my appointment I get a call from the specialist office telling me that they could not see me since the specialist belonged to the Premium Group and I no longer belonged to it. I talked to Dr. Jose and she apologized for sending me to the wrong specialist. Because of this mistake I had to wait another month to see the specialist. She promised that this mistake would not happen again.About a year later I had a routine check up and she told me that I needed to see a specialist and that she would put a rush on it since it was something that could potentially be serious. I waited for a few days and called. One of her staff members told me that all the paper work was turned in to my insurance, but they did not hear anything back. I waited for another week. I kept calling for a month and each time I called I was told that my insurance was rejecting the referral and they were trying to resubmit. So, I called my insurance and asked why my referral was rejected. It turns out Dr. Jose's staff kept submitting a referral to a specialist in the Premium Group and my insurance kept returning it to them and asking them to correct the group. They did not, but kept submitting it without any changes. A representative of my insurance called the office on my behalf and it turns out that even after close to a year, her staff was unaware that Dr. Jose was no longer doing business with that group and kept referring patients to specialists that could not see them.2. Dr. Jose recommended I take a thyroid test. I agreed and was surprised it came back abnormal since I had taken this test multiple times before and had no problem. Dr. Jose immediately recommended I start taking thyroid medication. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable taking thyroid medication based on one test and wanted to take a second test. I later took the test and my thyroid was just fine. Even though I told Dr. Jose in person and on the phone that I was NOT taking the medication, she still called me twice to ask if I was still taking my medication and if she needed to increase the dose. 3. The worst thing about being Dr. Jose's patient is waiting to see her. If you are sick and need to see her, GOOD LUCK! I called on a Monday and tried to make an appointment within a week. Since this is not the first time I have tried, I was not surprised that the first appointment available was at the end of February. Even though I told her secretary that I have been feeling sick for the past 2 weeks and the symptoms were getting worse. When I complained that this would not do, I was told that Dr. Jose would call me that day and schedule me sooner. Over a week has past and I am still waiting. 4. Even when you do get in to see Dr. Jose, be prepared to wait for a LONG, LONG TIME. The last time I was in her office I waited for an hour and 20 minutes and she still had two other patients to see before me. I left without seeing her that day. 5. At one point, I made an appointment to get a shot. I waited forever, like always, to see her. Since she was so busy, someone in her staff agreed to do it. The only problem was that no one in her office knew how to give that shot. They got on the phone to a lab and were on hold for over 20 minutes. They would have continued to wait on the phone if I didn't decide to leave and go elsewhere to get it. I figured after an hour of waiting, I didnt want to waste any more time. I already had to pay enough for the parking.I could go on and on with other stories, but I think I made my point. I am changing my doctor. I would NOT recommend anyone becoming Dr. Jose's patient. Not unless you like being treated like crop.
Dr. Jose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1985
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Dr. Pauline J Jose accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsCuidado Latino Medical Clinic, 3710 E Cesar E Chavez Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Pauline J Jose is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.