Dr. Pauline Sheehan Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Pauline Sheehan?

Very Disappointed

Posted on August 9th, 2013

I was really desperate for more comprehensive care. I have skin issues, breathing problems, psychological issues, and a meriad of other issues that I felt weren't being attended to with my other doctor. I heard that the doctors at UMASS did a great job so I sook an appointment there. I had to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sheehan 2 months in advance. When I got there, after checking in, I had to wait an hour in the exam room. An intern interviewed me and asked a lot of personal questions. She asked about my sex life and gave me a dirty look and asked me to explain myself when I told her the number of sex partners I'd had. That was extremely embarassing and unprofessional. When I met Sheehan, she was very friendly, personal and touchy. She even gave me her personal cell number and said I could text her whenever I needed help or had a question. This was kind of strange but I was happy to find a doctor who cared... or so I thought. She really made it seem like she cared during the first appointment. However, I noticed that she was putting a lot of emphasis on getting me a nutrition specialist because I "look like I have an eating disorder" while I was putting more emphasis on getting referred to a dermatologist and a psychiatrist. For a couple days after meeting her, she texted me saying friendly, supportive things... Then suddenly it was like I didn't exist! I found it very difficult to make appointments. When I was able to see Sheehan she only talked to me for about 15 minutes, although I would wait for about an hour to see her. She never ended up helping me find a dermatologist OR a psychiatrist, but she sure was adimant that I see a nutritionist! I felt judged by that because the issues that were most important to me were basically put on the back burner. I understand that she is busy, but I pay her salary and do not deserve to be treated like a number instead of a person. She became very rude when we texted since then, literally telling me "you're not the only patient I have to take care of, stop texting me" and misspelling my name. In the end, my experience at UMASS and with Dr. Sheehan was a bad one. My family spent a lot of time and money looking for good care for me, but it seems as though we're going to have to keep looking. STEER CLEAR of this doctor and UMASS in general if you need any kind of medical attention that requires your doctor ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU

steer clear

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

can you imagine a doctor telling an adolescent girl who struggles with an eating disorder that she understands why she doesn't want to be fat. She was fat and her daughter is fat and my daughter should go to a nutritionist to learn how to lose wait- that there is no such thing as to thin that very thin people are very happy. My daughter left the exam feeling fat and in a panic attack. She's rude and does not understand the patients she treats! I'm angry.

Posted on March 4th, 2013

I love Dr. Sheehan was so nice to me & my family during some very difficult times our family went through dufficult times

Not that good

Posted on January 19th, 2013

She seems nice at first but can be unprofessional and borderline rude. Difficulty getting referrals. Judgemental and slightly neurotic.

Posted on November 22nd, 2015