Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres
Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Rivera-Torres is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving. Dr. Rivera-Torres has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Nutritional Support
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Rivera-Torres called me before my colonoscopy to introduce himself to me. By the time of the procedure, he had clearly read my transferred patient history and was familiar with it. He discussed the procedure with me beforehand, answered my questions, and listened carefully. He introduced members of the team by name and job function to me, making ease of patient-initiated conversation easier. After the procedure, he told me exactly what findings he had, what recommendations, and gave me photos of different sites in the tract so I could see what he found (good and bad). He has a courteous, attentive bedside manner, but his biography is very impressive.He phoned within 24 hours post-procedure to see how I was doing. Would recommend him to my doctor friends.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rivera-Torres is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPresbyterian Hospital, 1100 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Paulino Rivera-Torres is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.