Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pavitar S Cheema has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 30
The shortest amount of time I ever had to wait was 30 mins. He charges way more than necessary for terrible services. Never asked questions about my symptoms. Quick to medicate me in anyway. Hardly remembered me from appointment to appointment. I regret going to him and would recommend him to no one.
Dr. Cheema is a amazing doctor, he is very accurate, compassionate, uses innovative ways to approach his patients, with several techniques such as diet, supplement suggestions overall mind and body wellness. He takes his time to listen and is very concerned for the care and treatment for his patients. He's not a pill popping doctor he's a realist. He treats what works best for his patients. I love Dr. Cheema for all he's done for me and my family. I feel like not only am I see a psychiatrist, but also a counselor and a person full of so much medical knoweledge that has been extremely helpful for my overall care and well being.
I have a patient for years. Dr. Cheema saved my life. I know, sometimes the waiting time is long but it is because he gives you the time you need, doesn't kick you out when your time is up. I gladly wait. Don't understand how people can complain about the waiting time. What if they need extra time? Isn't it great that he makes sure you get the time you need? Other patients I spoke with agreed with me, we all gladly wait and it is not always a long time. One my last visit yesterday I didn't have to wait at all. He is THE very best in his field. When I had to get new insurance my primary factor was if he was in the network.
38 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Pavitar S Cheema accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCharter Professional Group, 775 Sunrise Ave Ste 140, Roseville, CA
Dr. Pavitar S Cheema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseville, CA.