Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pawanjit S Sarkaria has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Sarkaria is caring and nice, but most importantly she is really smart! When she wa taking care of my Mom, she kept me informed every step of the way, and used words I could understand. I know she was really busy during my stay, but when she came to see my Mom, she made her (and me) feel like she was Dr. Sarkaria's only patient. She answered all my questions. Some doctors are so put out when you ask them questions, but she was great! Not to mentioned she fixed my Mom!!
Dr. Sarkaria has to be one of the most caring and competent docs that I have ever encounter. I appreciate her honesty when caring for me. She empathized with me, but gave me honest options for treatment. She always told me what was going on, and didn't give me false hope. If I ever end up in the hospital again (god forbid), I will be sure to request her as my attending. I just wish she could be my regular Doctor too, but unfortunately she only sees patients in the hospital (I asked).
Dr. Pawanjit S Sarkaria accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael E Debakey Va Medical Center Texas, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Pawanjit S Sarkaria is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.