Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Pawel S Dudek
Dr. Pawel S Dudek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Dudek is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus. Dr. Dudek has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Pawel S Dudek has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Pawel S Dudek has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Pawel S Dudek has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I've been seeing Dr. Dudek for 13 years and couldn't disagree more with the other reviewer who seems like they were looking for a quick fix. Dr. Dudek has saved my life on several occasions and has always been readily available when I was in crisis. He always spent more than adequate time with me and was always caring and empathetic. He always discussed my health plan with me and allowed me to make choices in developing that plan. He explained all medications very thoroughly prior to dispensing and we tried several combinations until we find the one that worked best for me. It was tailor made for me- not a one for all plan. His office staff, Anna, was always polite and very accomodating. I cannot imagine my life without him.
I've been a patient for 7 years and have never had a bad experience with Dr. Dudek. He listens carefully to your concerns, will spend the time to actually talk to you before writing prescriptions (a rarity in the world of psychiatry) and has always been easy to reach. His diagnostic abilities are extremely good. Even an old therapist of mine goes to him and considers him the best diagnostician and psycho-pharmacologist she knows. His office is also very good about follow up and replying to calls. The first reviewer was obviously dissatisfied, but I can't disagree with their review more.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dudek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Duke University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTipbhrapa Jaojaroenkul Md, 1634 W Polk St, Chicago, IL
Dr. Pawel S Dudek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.