Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paxton J Smith has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Paxton Smith cut my mom's spleen during her colectomy causing internal bleeding. She nearly died. Please, I implore you do not use this surgeon. We didn't realize it at the time but an attending GP tried to warn us saying something to the effect that we didn't need to do the surgery now, we could be readmitted after getting a recommendation from our primary physician. I feel so very lucky my mom is doing ok now, missing her spleen but otherwise almost the same.
Texas Med Clinic doctor ask me go to hospital... needed surgery. Went to NE Methodist Hospital..waited for about 3 hours in lobby & about another 4 hours in treatment room. Finally got admitted & was schedule for surgery was told dr would come in see me before surgery...never did!!Following day dr came in to room & dismissed me but family dr ask me stay another day. Dr Smith never gave me any information on what to do or expect after surgery. Call dr office schedule follow up appointment. Was in a tiny waiting room that would seat only 4 persons & there was a total of 9 persons!! Was called in to examing room, nurse not friendly, dr comes in when ask how was I doing reply still hurting! Dr replied do you want me put it back!! I told him it w as a different kind of pain! I ask for a excuse and out goes. He did not give us a chance to ask questions. Will never go back to him or refer him to anybody.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1979
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Paxton J Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsColon Rectal Clinic San Antonio, 540 Madison Oak Dr Ste 320, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Paxton J Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.