Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pedro Castaneda Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 5
From receptionists to the fake nurse, they all have this attitude as if waiting on you is a bother. Wake up ladies, you are getting paid. Because we have our children in Dr. Pedro Castaneda's office you have a job. Get of your high horses because falling down off pride will hurt. I am saddened that such a great doctor would surround himself with staff that is filled with pride they can not admit when they do their job incompetenly.
This doctor has the worst receptionists, they're very rude, especially that ugly one with the pubic hair with glasses shes very bad, don't understand why he hasnt fired her. They don't seem to care about patients, just about the money. For example, I tried calling to cancel an appointment and it was busy for 2 hours and finally that rude pubic hair zit lady answers and says she wants to charge me an additional $20 fee even though she was talking to her bf for 2 hrs instead of doing her job in answering the phone so I told her well then i'll change dr and shes like ok let me remove your son's appointment like she didn't even care. Shes been rude many times, to many people, I guess since shes not happy with the way she looks thats why she takes out on people, which isn't right. They even make you wait so long in the waiting room. That doctor was even my doctor 20 yrs ago thats one of the reasons I decided to take my son there, thinking that made him more experienced but sadly his rude employees are what make him lose his patients.
46 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1972
Driscoll Childrens Hospital
Dr. Pedro Castaneda Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGateway Community Health Center, Inc. Main Clinic, 1515 Pappas St, Laredo, TX
Dr. Pedro Castaneda Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laredo, TX.