Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pedro M Cuatrecasas has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Pharmacology
A clinical pharmacologist is a physician (can also be a pharmacist or scientist) who works to develop new drugs and to understand their applications in the real world. These doctors conduct experimental studies of new drugs on patients to learn what a drug does to the body, what happens to the drug while in the body, what dosage and frequency the drug is most effective at, any adverse side effects, and any interactions.
Through their study of drugs, these doctors work to make sure that medications are used to their maximum benefit with as few negative side effects as possible.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
56 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1962
Dr. Pedro M Cuatrecasas accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions7912 Entrada De Luz E, San Diego, CA
Dr. Pedro M Cuatrecasas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.