Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pedro L Geliga has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
This man is rude and pompous. His bedside manner is atrocious, he treats patients and clearly his staff with contempt. I also don't believe he is as competent as other neurologists or MD's for that matter. Do yourself a favor and find a more qualified and personable physician. Leesburg Regional should take him off their referral list.
40 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Pedro L Geliga accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurological Associates, 601 Medical Plaza Dr, Leesburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pedro L Geliga in this video.
Dr. Pedro L Geliga is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.