Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pedro Martinez
Dr. Pedro Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center, Dignity Health St Joseph's Hospital & Medical Center and Carondelet St. Mary's. He speaks English.
Dr. Pedro Martinez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
I can't believe the treatment I received by Dr. Martinez and his phoney staff. His assistant Sandra is so rude. It takes them days to refill a rx from my pharmacy, they never return calls. everything is about money to them. They won;t even give you a sample of the "free" medication that is given to them. I had to threaten to write letter to get even a sample of a medication that is life threatening. Even then they made me feel as if they were doing a a great BIG favor. Its all about the money to them! Here's something else, both my parents were his patients for years. They went to him because he spoke spanish and they felt he could relay to them. They were always 1 hr behind seeing patients and one time they were 5min late, they made them reschedule and charged them for not making their appointments. They both died in 2012, month from each other. During one of my routine visits, he was trying to promote one of his weighloss programs and asked me "you should bring your parents with you". I was so hurt by this. At thispoint I relaized that he doesn't care about his patients, they're nothing but a chart to him and come to think of it many times they were given the wrong medication. If you care about your health.....find another Dr.
I have chronic pain. one time for a whole week I tried to get ahold of the doctors office for a prescription change and or to come in. because I felt so bad I never got a responds back after leaving a message on their answering machine 3 times that week. I ended up going to urgent care. needless to say I no longer go there.
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carondelet St. Mary's
Banner Baywood Medical Center
Banner Mesa Medical Center
33 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
New York Medical College
Dr. Pedro Martinez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHope Medical Institute, 1410 W Guadalupe Rd, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Pedro Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.