Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 19
I went into the Washington Medical Group for a chiropractic consult, but since the doctors work as a team, I got a lot of other health issues addressed, and got my back pain mostly resolved. Dr. Macedo did a more thorough evaluation of my neurological situation than I have had in 20 years. I was very impressed by the excellent team practice at Washington Medical Group, but the "cash up front" payment and non-acceptance of credit cards, combined with a rather unprofessional staff, detracted from the rating.
Dr. Maceado is very kind and caring. He wants to help but sometimes I feel he is just taking a stab in the dark. He will gladly listen to what the patient presents but always goes with what he knows will work -- which sometimes does and does not. I've been seen by Dr. Maceado for 7 years, which is good and bad...because why am I still having migraine issues after 7 years? Migraines suck. Dr. Maceado tries his best.
my biggest complaint is his office staff. I have been his patient for almost 2 years and after each visit I had to spend my time explaining to his office staff that my insurance requires to send a referral together with a claim to an insurance company. many visits later I still have to deal with the same problem- lost referrals, refusing to send a referral etc. My insurance company has even called his staff and asked to send a referral... Still nothing changed after the next visit... So I have decided that it would be easier to change the doctor than to deal with his staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsWashington Medical Group PC, 1327 18th St NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Pedro S Buarque De Macedo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.