Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pedro C Nam has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Weight Loss
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Eating Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
Excellent Doctor and the one that saved my life. He diagnosed a left sided heart murmur that turned out to be an Aortic Aneurism. He is my Hero and my families Hero. He has always given me the time to listen and has directed me in the right treatment and care. His staff is friendly and quick to attend to your needs. I thank them and all they do.
Very unprofessional office. Dirty.... The physician comes in exam room does not wash hands, does not put on rubber gloves.. The physician stands in front of his laptop and switches eye contact from you to the laptop screen the entire office visit until the very end and he will say let me listen to your heart. Test results... can take weeks... yes weeks of phone calls. The office is ran like a Romper Room. This is not an office that has any respect for sick people. Forget if you are admitted to the hospital and call your internal medicine Dr. They tell you "oh no, Dr. does not come in hospital, just make an appt. to come see Dr. Nam within three 3 days of you being discharged." You never get a return call. Horrible!
Dr. Nam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Pedro C Nam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWellington Medical Associates, 12953 Palms West Dr Ste 202, Loxahatchee, FL
Dr. Pedro C Nam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loxahatchee, FL.