Dr. Pedro R Segarra Jr Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Pedro R Segarra Jr?

Terrible Doctor

I have been under the care of the physicians at Hamptons Ob/GYN throughout my pregnancy. While the other doctors have been easy to talk to I have found Dr Segarra to be rude, dismissive, and contradictory when answering my questions. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was asking questions regarding any restrictions for food, lifting and physical labor. At first he said there are no restrictions. Then he would say there are restrictions completely contradicting himself in the next sentence. He doesn't give full answers even when I ask for more information. I have actively avoided bookin appointments with him and hope that he is not on call when I go into labor.

Just horrible!!!

He was one of the worst dr"s I have ever met!!!

Worst Doctor of the Year Award Goes To....

I have never in my life met such an unprofessional doctor and staff. I went to see Dr. Segarra as a second opinion for my endometriosis. I had gotten married just two months before and thought that my condition could and would be resolved with medication and/or surgery, as a previous doctor had told me. I did not expect the lack of bedside manner or condescending mannerism from him or his staff. First, his staff (receptionist, secretaries, office personnel), all need training in how to speak and treat patients. Not only are they rude, can barely speak proper English, but, as both my husband and I witnessed first hand, they spend their time on their cell phones talking to non patients, instead of booking appointments and talking to patients about what to expect if they are trying to schedule surgery as they did with me. I was mortified that I was there to make an appointment for surgery and the receptionist was busy talking about what she would make for dinner when she got home. Second, Dr. Segarra and his condescending way of speaking to his patients. As I mentioned previously, I had gotten married just two months prior to being diagnosed with endometriosis. Segarra was a second opinion doctor I went to see. My husband and I had happily wanted to start our marriage hopeful that one day we would be able to have children. Segarra dashed those hopes in an instant. He diagnosed me and was rather rough during the procedure, and instead of trying to calm my nerves I recall he said that if I wasn't so "rigid" it wouldn't be so "painful." He then had my blood drawn and had a lab that is not affiliated with my insurance complete the lab work which then caused months and months of trying to resolve the financial cost between myself, my insurance and the lab. Finally, after the lab work was in and he was ready to provide me with his diagnosis and what needed to be done he told me that I had a high level of cancer in my blood (I came to find out later that it is common and "normal" in endometriosis), and because of this he may need to perform partial or full hysterectomy on me (financially beneficial to him because he could bill my insurance for more money). Needless to say this left me feeling hopeless, scared and angry. I made the appointment to have the surgery with him at Lennox Hill Hospital and still had a week to search and seek out other doctors. Thank God I did. Not only were his diagnoses incorrect and flawed but I came no where near having to have a partial let alone full hysterectomy. I have fully recovered thanks to a fabulous doctor and team at Sloan Kettering and now have a beautiful 2 year old baby girl. Segarra is a shame to the medical field and he should reconsider his career of choice. Please think twice before going forward with anything he says. He can ruin lives senselessly.

I won't recommend this doctor.

His a crook. He won't give you your labratory result unless you pay additional fee for coming in. Even everything was fine. The waiting time was terrible more than 1 hour. Terrible doctor