Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pedro I Troya
Dr. Pedro I Troya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with other offices in Zephyrhills, FL and Tampa, FL . He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Troya has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Pedro I Troya has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pedro I Troya has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Pedro I Troya has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 39
The physician is friendly and seems knowledgeable. However, be prepared to wait!!! The office is extremely behind, office staff not exactly friendly or to inform patients of unbelievable wait times and no apologies if you have to reschedule because you can't seem to wait the 1 1/2 hour past your appointment time? The time I went to follow up labs he not only didn't have them on hand but I don't think he even reviewed them....he had time. I'm sorry but there are other physicians to see!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
University Of South Florida
Dr. Pedro I Troya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pedro I Troya in this video.
Dr. Pedro I Troya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.