Have you seen Dr. Pejman E Cohan?

Best of the best

He has been treating my Hashimoto's disease for several years. One of my other doctors who was a patient recommended him. Dr. Cohan was born to be a doctor -- kind, intelligent, caring. Because of the U.S's screwed up medical insurance system, you must pay in advance and his staff will submit the bill for reimbursement. Several of my other doctors do the same. It is worth the extra expense to get top quality care. I don't look for bargains when it comes to my body. So if you've been to other doctors who can't give you a proper diagnosis, see Dr. Cohan.

one in a million

Yes, this doctor is extremely thorough, more so that any other endocrinologist I have visited. I can tell that he is UCLA educated and he also teaches which is usually the case with an expert, and especially desirable is you are the patient. I have great confidence in him and I am missing him since we moved to North Carolina. I wish I could have taken him with me.

Top in his feild

Dr. Cohan is the best. He's been my doctor for over 13 years. When I was very sick with Cushing's disease he and I became a team-I know many of his patients and they all love him. He truly sets the bar to the highest level of neuro-endocrine care. As for those that have complained about waiting 3 months for an appointment -there's NO specialized endocrine expert that you can get an appointment sooner that 3-6 months. If you can, I'd worry. While being missed diagnosed for over 7 years by many endocrinologist, I know first hand why you wait to see Dr. Cohan. I waited up to 6 months for endocrinologist when I was very sick with Cushing's just to be told "There's nothing medically wrong with you-Nothing some good old dieting and excessive won't fix" meanwhile I was suffering with a serious life-threatening pituitary tumor. I hear from patients all over the country who wait 3-6 months to see a new endocrinologist just to have the wrong diagnosis and horrible care. Dr. Cohan is very accommodating and you can always put your name on a waiting list and usually you always get in sooner. If you know you have a pituitary tumor you can send your scans to Dr. Daniel Kelly and if he thinks you you need to see Dr. Cohan he will set it up directly. For those patients that absolutely need to see him sooner they will. You have to remember many of his patients are very sick and they need to be seen regularly so new patients do have to wait some times 3 months. But it's worth the wait.

I would not go to him if I were you. Do not get swayed by his fake charisma. He will steal all of your money and not use it to help yo. Goes only by the textbook and cant think 4 himslf.

So nice!!!!!!!

I very highly recommend Dr Cohan. If you have a pituitary problem and if you want a doctor to not just take care of your medical needs, but to love/comfort you all at the same time-his bedside manners are absolutely fantastic (the only complaint I have is you want his lovin' and he won't visit you in the hospital during/after a major surgery...). He is just so filled with love. He catches on quickly and is good with people.He is very charismatic and charming and you feel very loved/warm visiting him-so much that it lures you in and you just want to pour your heart out. I am not quite sure how he really is , because of course it is a business where he makes hundreds of dollars charging and not taking insurance, but then again I'm skeptical because I'm a patient with a rare disease and I have a lot of experience with a whole variety of physicians who did not listen to my concerns due to my age. Then again, there are other physicians that charge just as much, have not an ounce of empathy, and do not give you an accurate diagnosis nor treat it at all. He isn't one of them. He considers..most (most...)...of everything you have to say and his empathy is boundless. The only catch is people take advantage of how nice he is and like anybody-he becomes passive aggressive as a reaction. I diagnosed myself and waited months to see him. That, I have to admit, was very painful and difficult. If there was any way that certain patients that come to him with rare diseases could get in sooner (knowing the progressive outcome of their disease)--that would be idyllic. He is the first physician out of three internists that actually considered the possibility of my self-diagnosis (as I am fighting for my life-like a lot of his patients- and very much needed it considered). For that, I am eternally grateful (though he was just doing his job like the other doctors should have). In addition, he listened to all of my complaints and responded to most of them (shocker for a doctor to do that!!! most would ignore your every complaint)MY WARNING: DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIM. DONT BE SO SELFISH TO A GENUINELY GOOD DOCTOR. DONT DESTROY HIS GOODNESS. He is worth every penny and I can't imagine starting off this journey with any other physician.

frusterating

Kind and knowledagble doctor. He's said to be one of the best in his field. But, I am afraid he is to busy to give the care and attention needed to his patients. An established patient can't even get an urgent appointment with him for 3 monthes. Thats just crazy. When you are dealing with some severe issues, you sometimes NEED to SEE your doctor.

Pretty Fantastic

This doctor has what many lack-compassion and empathy. he actually genuinely cares about his patients.

We love Dr. Cohan. He is always pleasant and very caring. He is a great listener and is very professional. I am not impressed by his staff. They are not always pleasant or professional and they do not represent him well.

Not for me.

I went to see Dr.Cohan after seeing 4 other endocrinologists for a thyroid problem, all of whom refused to consider my hypo symptoms, only my TSH, which is low. All of the previous doctors refused to test or consider my FREE T4 and FREE T3 levels, which were very low, or give me an rT3 test. (Dr. Cohan actually said his office "doesn't believe" in the rT3 test !)I have a multi-nodular thyroid, and seem to present with a classic case of secondary hypothyroidism....not common, but it happens. My PCP has seen the benefits of combination T4/T3 therapy for me, and the negative effects of a reduction in T3 particularly, which ALL of the endos insisted upon.( I immediately gained 15 lbs. in 3 weeks, brain fog, visual impairment, depression, hair loss, extremely dry skin etc.) My PCP treats me based on symptoms and labs, but encourages me to find an endo to work with. NONE of these doctors has told me NOT to take T3 before a blood test, so of course years of labs are incorrect. I have had to read medical journals and clinical trials to learn to interpret my own blood tests and understand my condition.Dr. Cohan was the latest endo to fail to consider a history of whiplash injuries, environmental exposure to toxins and pesticides, and a family history of auto-immune disorders including a sister with Hashimoto's. He also refused to look at a series of metabolic labs that showed cholesterol, triglycerides, eGfr, creatinine, calcium, ferritin, WBC and other levels normalizing after T4/T3 therapy. He failed to consider that my nodules had shrunk, or that my none density tests had improved. He failed to consider that my VIT. D levels were in the toilet, or that I had a history of pernicious anemia that pre-dated my diagnosis of a thyroid problem. When I brought in a bag of golf ball sized hunks of hair that had fallen out every time I washed my hair when the previous crackpot lowered my meds, and the minimal amount that fell out after they were raised again by my PCP, Dr. Cohan stated that he didn't know anything about hair !Dr. Cohan told me that maybe I needed "one of those alternative medicine doctors". He seemed to think that my concerns about my hair loss and the 15 lbs. I had gained in 3 weeks, and the persistent painful non-pitting edema in my extremities and the muscle spasms in my feet were of a cosmetic nature, and he referred me to Suzanne Sommers' "stay-young-forever" doctor. After I dumped Dr. Cohan, I had an rT3 test which showed by ratio that rT3 proteins were blocking the absorption of T3 into the cells. SO, while Doctor Cohan might be fine for diabetes, he doesn't seem at all up on the latest thyroid research, though he's relatively young. And he's defensive about talking about anything you bring to him that might question his dogmatic beliefs. I don't need to be patronized. I need a doctor who is a partner in my health. Still looking.

I would definately recommend Dr. Cohan for Cushings disease and hypopit.

I'm 75 years old and he's the best I ever had.

Dr. Cohan has done wonders for my diabetes by changing medications. He is very through especially if you support his effort by supplying daily blood glucose readings. Support his effort to help you and the results will amaise you.He also give excellent guidance in refering a doctor.His record of referal

Extremely Frustrating Front Office

I have been put on hold for up to 30 minutes when calling in. They ask you to leave message to get around the long hold times to talk to someone...and then don't bother to return calls from messages left. I have seen and heard the front desk staff be very rude to people in the waiting room and on the phone. Dealing with even basic issues with the front office can be very frustrating. They act very put out by the patients. Dr. Cohan is a very nice man, but that doesn't make-up for dealing with the front office or the lack of follow-up after an appointment. I have recently switched to the Gonda Diabetes Center at UCLA and there is a HUGE difference in the level of care and response from staff. I would really think twice before booking an initial appointment with Dr. Cohan's office.

Dr. Pejman E Cohan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.