Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Penelope A Barker
Dr. Penelope A Barker, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Clair Shores, MI. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barker is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Barker has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Penelope A Barker has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Penelope A Barker has the following 10 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 26
I haven't been to a doctor for 15 years because I hate going to offices/hospitals/labs but I did see her since my friends, family and neighbors were demanding. It took me a while to calm down, but I was so glad to have found a really caring doctor. She actually spends time with you and relates. No in and out in 15 minutes. I'm so glad I found a personable, caring, fun person to deal with my concerns. What a great choice I got!
THis is a highly specialized office with only board certified geriatric doctors. Everyone in the office has special training in caring for older patients. We were referred to Dr. Barker by our neighbor. She has a closed practice but made an exception for my family. This was he best visit we have ever had with a doctor. Dr. Barker was focusd in on my mom and her medical conditions immediately. She tried to work with us and was extremely understanding of what we as a family could and could not manage. I am so thankful for her and her staff. She will continue to work with us and our primary doctor to monitor my mom. Do whatever you can to see anyone in this office...I ahve heard good things about all of the doctors here. Our favorite is Dr. Barker!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Barker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Penelope A Barker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakeview Pediatrics St Clair Shores, 20225 E 9 Mile Rd Ste A, Saint Clair Shores, MI
Dr. Penelope A Barker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Clair Shores, MI.