Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peng T Fan
Dr. Peng T Fan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Valley Village, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fan is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Fan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peng T Fan has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I've been a patient of Dr. Fan for over 21 years. There are few words good enough to describe just how fantastic he is. Dr. Fan is brilliant, caring, knowledgeable, kind, funny and has a light bright personality. He keeps up to date with all new medical data and brings that newly found knowledge directly to us patients. He offers the best advice that makes sense and, more importantly, works. He listens and asks pertinent questions. He works in tandem with my other doctors and I have my own personal dream team with Dr. Fan being the original captain. The office is clean, the staff is efficient & the office is well-organized. Anyone who says otherwise has issues and should not to be taken seriously. A bad temper? Absolutely not! That's slanderous and defamatory. Anyone with a rheumatoid condition would be lucky to have Dr. Fan on their side.
I went to see Dr. Fan when I had some abnormal test results. Dr. Fan has been very patient and listens to what I ask and has had excellent follow up. His office staff has been very responsive as well. I hope I never have a disease that requires me to see a Rheumatologist again, but if I did, I feel confident in Dr. Fan.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba
Graduated in 1971
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Peng T Fan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology Associates, 12660 Riverside Dr Ste 200, Valley Village, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peng T Fan in this video.
Dr. Peng T Fan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valley Village, CA.