Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pennapa S Chan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pennapa S Chan has the following 19 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Women's Health
- Parathyroid Diseases
Dr. Pennapa S Chan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I was a patient with Dr. Chan for over 2 years and never saw an improvement. I switched to another doctor and saw improvement within a short time. Now this doctor is leaving and Dr. Chan is replacing him which I'm very disappointed in this change. I will have to drive to Madison to see a new doctor.
20 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Pennapa S Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsSsm Health Dean Medical Group, 1313 Fish Hatchery Rd, Madison, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pennapa S Chan in this video.
Dr. Pennapa S Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.