Dr. Perry A Ball Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Perry A Ball?

Many years ago Doctor Perry Ball was like an angel for me. I was referred to him by my orthopedic Dr. In 1986 with my medical notes and a ct identified a ruptured disc I had that was making it impossible to do anything. With the inability to move without tears from the pain and lack of sleep as well. I was a 21 year old who was in great need of help. He was able to get me in for surgery the next day after I saw him and performed a new procedure laser surgery to mend the ruptured disc and brought instant relief to me. Within a year and a half I was almost completely able to do activities that I was doing before the start of my disc injury. He was able to explain what was going on and in my state of complete disarray directed me through many different treatment choices available for me at that time. He also said to me that there was a chance after 20 years I might get arthritis. My back started failing again not where he operated on but another disc herniated and yes degeneration and stenosis has limited my abilities greatly. But it was in 2013 that I had to have my second surgery far more than 20 years after. I will always be greatful for the increase and duration of my quality of life has been because of his care

Beware of this doctor.

Dr. Ball missed the critical aspects of my spine surgery in 2005. Instead of adding more space to the posterior vertebral foramen while doing fusion surgery on two discs, this doctor fused me with less space and with many, many times more pain in both arms than I had prior to surgery. He totally missed this critical attribute of opening the foramen, and focused only on the fusion itself. His answer after messing this up?? Morphine. 10 years later I am still living with his failure.

Saved my life!

Dr. Ball, performed a microdiscectomy which was complicated by massive inflammation. At the time of the operation I had not slept for 6 weeks, could not walk more than 10 paces and was in excruciating pain even under maximum medication. I was ready to die. Still, no one wanted to perform surgery. The head nurse at the spine center (a life-saver herself) recommended I meet with Dr. Ball. He is very humble, caring person and spoke realistically about what I could expect as well as worst case scenarios. After a 5 hour surgery, I woke up without pain. I had been in increasing pain and levels of disability for 2 years. I walked out to my car upright and pain free the day after surgery. Full athletic recovery took about 10 months. This, to me, was a miracle, a second chance at life. I couldn't thank or recommend Dr. Ball enough.