Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Perry B Shieh has the following 4 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Perry B Shieh has the following 14 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Perry B Shieh has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Perry B Shieh is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I live out of state and have only seen him once so far, but I have received more information in one visit then I have in the 12 years I have been in pain. I have hunted and seen just about every single type of doctor within my State, trying to figure out why I have sciatica in both legs. Not one leg, both! I also get the pins and needle pain all over my body during particular situations. Also both leg muscles become stiff and feel like they swell to the point of ripping. For 12 yrs I was diagnosed with Fybro. Sadly, having Fybro I have been flagged as an addict simply because doctors don't believe in Fybro and/or because they couldn't find anything on a MRI or blood work. I refuse to give up, despite how I was treated, as sciatica in both legs, is not a symptom of Fybro. I have had to live on 5 inches of ortho padding, house bound, heating pad, and medication. For the first time I believe I have finally found a doctor who will help me locate the route of this problem. They have given me new found hope!
If you don't have exactly what he specializes in he's extremely disinterested. He's staff is a disaster for referrals etc. They simply don't care much about the patient. You can't get a hold of anyone either. Such a disheartening experience. Don't go to him unless you have no other choice. It can't get much worse.
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Perry B Shieh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.