Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter A Sherman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Peter A Sherman has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Peter A Sherman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 8
Worst Dr. and OB/GYN office I've ever visited!!! His office staff are very unprofessional, most of the time I would get a voice mail instead of the office answering the phone. I'd leave a message for a call back, because Dr. Sherman told me to call him regarding my problem. I would never get a call back from anyone. I was in pain, so I was persistent in trying to reach someone for a prescription. It took days and hrs. each time I called and I would reach a rude person, unconcerned & certainly not helpful. My pharmacy finally received a prescription that was definitely not what I needed to address my problem. After continuing to get worse, I went to another Dr. who immediately diagnosed the problem and I was given a prescription to correct my problem. I was told by Dr. Sherman's office after 10 days of waiting for culture results, without any medication to help my pain prior to the 10 days, that the culture was negative. Obviously, that was not acurate. I had a very bad medical issue that was easily detected by another Dr. not affiliated with Dr. Sherman's office. This Dr. gave me a prescription to correct the problem and pain the day I saw her.
Dr. Sherman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Jackson Health System
Dr. Peter A Sherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Peter A Sherman
Dr. Peter A. Sherman, MD, is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, practicing in Florida, with 34 years of experience. Specializing in office gynecology, Dr. Sherman, enjoys his profession most because it combines both medical and surgical fields. The fact that he can provide results for his patient’s problems brings him joy. "Patients realize a definitive result, such as childbirth or repair of their gynecological problems [in this profession]." New York native, Dr. Sherman went to the University of Miami School of Medicine where he received his Medical Degree and where he also completed his residency. He has been on many organizations throughout his professional career. He is the former President to several OBGYN related groups including: Miami OB/GYN Society, Florida OB/GYN Society, and Palm Beach OB/GYN Society. He was also on the board for the South Atlantic OB/GYN Society and has been a Director of OB/GYN at St. Mary’s Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Sherman is married with two sons. In his spare time he enjoys golfing, skiing and traveling.
Locations & DirectionsOB/GYN SPECIALISTS OF THE PALM BEACHES PA, 770 Northpoint Pkwy, West Palm Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter A Sherman, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in West Palm Beach, FL, in this video.
Dr. Peter A Sherman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Palm Beach, FL.