Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Singer has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter A Singer has the following 16 expertise
- Cushing Syndrome
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Peter A Singer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
This doctor is terrible! I saw him twice. He was nice to me the first time and explained everything he could think of since he was in good mood. The second time I brought my husband( who is also a physician) with me. My husband just came to say hi and wanted to thank Dr. Singer for treating me. Dr. Singer got really mad and defensive even though we didn't challenge him or anything like that. We didn't ask any question before he got mad. He screamed at me and said Asian women drove him crazy. Maybe he had problems with his Asian wife. That wasn't my problem, so I left and never went back to see him. I wish I didn't waste my time with him. I shouldn't get yelled at just because I'm Asian.
I saw Dr. Singer with a pretty good idea of what was wrong with me and presented him with research I had done to support my speculations. He refuted my concerns and blamed another issue entirely for my symptoms. He made some strong statements presenting them as hard facts that contradicted some of the research I had done. I went to another endocrinologist who ordered the tests I wanted to have done and the test results proved my hypothesis was correct. I am finally going to get treatment for something I have been suffering from for years. I do not recommend Dr. Singer.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
53 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Southern California Health Sciences, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter A Singer in this video.
Dr. Peter A Singer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.