Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter I Acs
Dr. Peter I Acs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Acs is affiliated with Shands At Starke and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Dr. Acs has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter I Acs has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Showing 5 of 56
My Wife age 47., was given a series of test to be taken, while Acs was on vacation. The results were to be given to her upon his return. He verbally expressed his HIGH expectations on the results! Dr Acs goes on Vacation and NEVER RETURNED!! We had to scramble to find another Cancer Doctor. Test results were HORRIBLE! My wife is NOW "DECEASED" at 47. Thanks Doctor Acs !!
The most optimistic and caring doctor I have ever known. Spent time learning about me and helping me cope with advanced colon cancer. He has called me in the evening to schedule and appointment due to suspicious test results. He has shown a level of caring not to be matched by anyone else in the area.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Acs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Debrecen Medical And Health Sciences Centre
Graduated in 1993
Huron Hospital - Cleveland Clinic H
Dr. Peter I Acs accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeter Istvan Acs Md, 8817 SW 61st Ave, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter I Acs in this video.
Dr. Peter I Acs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.