Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter Alahi has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Peter Alahi has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Peter Alahi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Alahi - Posted on January 3rd, 2017
Very unsatisfied. Made an appointment 3 months out. Was told they would make a call for a reminder when appointment is closer. I get called the day of 2 hours before my appointment. Was working out of town that day couldn't make appointment. Always a hassle to get medicine refilled. Ran out of medicine on a Friday. Called them Thursday left a message. Friday. Left a message. Monday. Left a message. Been without my meds for 4 days. Finally on Tuesday got through. Wanted to make an appointment and get a refill. They informed me that I was terminated due to missing an appointment and can't refill my meds. Left me out to dry. Now scrambling to find a new psychiatrist. Very dissatisfied felt was unfairly treated wouldn't recommend anyone to go there after this whole fiasco.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Alahi - Posted on November 28th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Alahi - Posted on September 14th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Alahi - Posted on September 2nd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Alahi - Posted on July 17th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Mcgaw Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, 5407 N University St Ste C, Peoria, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Alahi, MD - Psychiatry in Peoria, IL, in this video.
Dr. Peter Alahi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Peoria, IL.