Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Ankoh has 2 locations
1107 W Dixie Ave
Leesburg, FL 34748
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter A Ankoh has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Peter A Ankoh has the following 5 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
Dr. Peter A Ankoh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter A Ankoh - Posted on October 5th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter A Ankoh - Posted on August 4th, 2016
He definitely makes me and am sure his other patients as though they were family.Listens without rushing time,explains causes and treatment.Never misses daily visit to hospital when his patient is admitted,checks that person's chart and answer each and every question,putting patient at ease. Pleased to recommend him to friend or stranger,knowing these person would treated with the same patience and concern as I have the past ten years and more.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter A Ankoh - Posted on March 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter A Ankoh - Posted on August 8th, 2013
My husband has been going to Dr. A for about 6 years and we love and appreciate his caring approach to medicine. That is something that is sorely lacking in medicine. He takes the time to listen to the problem and takes as long as needed during an office visit. He cared for my father when he moved down here till his death at 100 and called personally to express his condolence when he passed away. He will work us into his busy schedule when necessary. We have sent quite a number of our friends to him and they think he is great too. I recently was able to change to his care and feel so relieved he is now my physician.
Ms. Nancy A Williams
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter A Ankoh - Posted on September 5th, 2012
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Peter A Ankoh Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter A Ankoh, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Leesburg, FL, in this video.
Dr. Peter A Ankoh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.