Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Peter App
Dr. Peter App, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. App is affiliated with St Mary's Mercy Medical Center and Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Mi. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter App has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
Showing 1 of 11
Staff is rudeYour wait time in the waiting room is at least an hour They order unnecessary lab test that your insurance wont cover and then your stuck with a huge bill He misdiagnosed me just so he can charge me more so I would have to keep going there. Told me I had a fracture in my knee and he ordered 7 xrays and 4 different blood panels when come to find out It was not a fracture at all it ended being an allergic reaction to a lotion I was using... TRUST ME YOU WILL END UP PAYING TONS OF UNNECESSARY BILLS IF YOU GO SEE DR.APP.
Dr. App is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Mi
47 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1966
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1330 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Peter App is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.