Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter B Hill has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Hill is great. He has a sincere interest in your well being. I feel though that the Northwestern system of medicine puts a restraint on his practice; too many patients to see and everything has to be input in the computer every time I have a checkup. Not his fault of course; I chalk up his experience and professionalism and believe he is the best In that practice. He's followed up on my questions on MyChart very promptly and satisfactorily.
I find Dr. HIll very professional in manner and accurate in diagnosis. I was also very impressed that he would dispense knowledge and suggestions to use specific vitamins or generics rather than writing prescriptions for medicines all the time. He seems to focus on the entire person, not just the one diagnosis.
Doctor Hill has been my primary, internal medicine physician for many years, and I am extremely fortunate to have Dr. Hill as my physician. He is just the best. He listens, he cares, he is competent, he explains matters patiently and extremely well. He is always responsive and quickly follows up. He is effective with his diagnosis. I don't know how he does it. You cannot do better than with Dr. Hill. I truly value my relationship with Doctor Hill.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Medical Group Lakeview, 1333 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter B Hill in this video.
Dr. Peter B Hill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.