Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Meier MD
Dr. Peter Meier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Ortonville, MN and Dawson, MN (and 4 other locations). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Meier is affiliated with Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Ortonville Area Health Services. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Meier has 7 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Peter Meier has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Peter Meier has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Peter Meier is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Peter Meier - Posted on February 12th, 2019
Dr. Meier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Ortonville Area Health Services
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Children's Hospitals & Clinics
Johnson Memorial Hospital
Sioux Valley Canby Campus
St Francis Regional Medical Center
Fairview Ridges Hospital
Fairview University Med Center-University Campus
Childrens Hospital Minneapolis
Sanford Hospital Canby
37 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Peter Meier Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Peter Meier's office for more information.
6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis, MN : (952) 993-3282
465 Eastvold Ave Ortonville, MN : (612) 467-4107
1282 Walnut St Dawson, MN : (320) 769-4323
1497 Fairmount Ave Saint Paul, MN : (651) 698-1432
1 Veterans Dr Minneapolis, MN : (612) 467-4107
3850 Park Nicollet Blvd Minneapolis, MN : (952) 993-3400
625 N Jackson Ave Springfield, MN : (952) 892-2626
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter Meier is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.