Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter A Baum has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 11
This guy is absolutely the most rude physician I have ever met in my entire life. Not only have I left his office in tears on several occasions, but he also told me there was nothing wrong with me. I went to a different Doctor the next day and he was horrified that dr Baum allowed me to leave without any diagnosis at all; over 90% of my airway was blocked by an obstruction in my sinuses. Seriously, do NOT go to this guy. Go to Geneva where they will treat you with respect. Wish I could give him 0 stars.
I have been going to Dr. Baum for about a year and a half for terrible allergies and asthma. I havent been able to breathe out of my nose for the last few months and went to him for help. While I was in his office he insulted my face, telling me "you have quite the unusual looking nose. How do you feel about how your nose looks?" I was horrified and left his office in tears. He denied my problem and it turns out I do in fact have an obstruction after seeing another doctor. I will never return to Dr. Baum for fear of being insulted, ridiculed, and scoffed at. The nurse who does his allergy shots is also rude to me on a regular basis, and while waiting in his lobby I have had numerous passerby nurses mock my weight.
The doctor didn't listen to either the patient or caregiver when presenting case. This doctor was very rude, demeaning and should retire. He not only was rude to a possible new patient but was trash talking the General MD that referred us there. How this man is still in business we don't know. Stay away from this guy.
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Peter A Baum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDekalb Clinic, 1850 Gateway Dr, Sycamore, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter A Baum in this video.
Dr. Peter A Baum is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sycamore, IL.