Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter D Bloom
Dr. Peter D Bloom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bloom is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center and Sisters Of Charity Hospital. Dr. Bloom has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter D Bloom has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 14
My husband and I have found Dr. Bloom to be a compassionate and competent physician. He is most thorough when making his diagnosis and in ruling out other problems. He has personally followed up for us several times to be sure we received immediate and effective care. His PA is also responsive and easy to work with. I highly recommend him for anyone with GI problems.
He doesn't push medicine, but told me the facts. He was excellent at calling me or writing me a letter very quickly after I had my CT scan, UltraSound, and blood work. He is prompt, good at diagnosis, and very impressed with his level of concern and wanting to make sure he ruled out everything that could be the problem. I like him. I went to a different GI doc in the same practice before, who I didn't like at all....and I'm glad I switched to Dr. Bloom. He is very good.
Dr. Bloom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1999
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Peter D Bloom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Assoc LLP, 60 Maple Rd Ste 1, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter D Bloom in this video.
Dr. Peter D Bloom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.