Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter E Braverman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
This so called doctor was treating my mother. Almost 70 year old women who has multiple issues. He proceeded to asked her her views on the current president race and what church she is part of. How does this help her treatment, then because she did not sway to his liking refused treatment and told her, he was going to discharge her with out treatment. I had this POS, taken off her case right then. Even the nurses and CNA's think he is a bad doctor. I would not let him treat a dead dog. I was not able to give no stars... be warned
Dr. Peter E. Braverman M.D. was knowledgeable and quite thorough. I can see how people may find him to be arrogant. However, I do not see how people could say that Dr. Peter Braverman M.D. is opinionated. I called him George W. Bush. He is assertive. I did NOT like the food while in inpatient care at Stony Brook University Hospital. The food could be greatly changed for the better. Getting back to Dr. Peter E. Braverman M.D. I would highly recommend this Doctor to anyone who would want a competent physician in their corner.
Seven of us stood by my mother's bedside horrified at the words and actions from this so called medical professional. There was nothing professional about him and his arrogant attitude left us speechless. We intend to report him to his superiors and truly hope he is stopped from treating another patient the way he treated our dying mother.
25 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Peter E Braverman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStonybrook University Hospital, 101 Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter E Braverman in this video.
Dr. Peter E Braverman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.