Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter C Block has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Peter C Block has the following 35 expertise
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Myocardial Diseases
- Heart Catheterization
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Laser Angioplasty
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Pericardial Effusion
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Harvard Medical School
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEmory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Peter C Block is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.