Dr. Peter Carmel Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Peter Carmel?

Posted on February 7th, 2017

He has a fantastic bedside manner his surgical skill was and is remarkable. My granddaughter had surgery by Dr. Carmel and he saved her life, she was only 3 yrs. old and the surgery was 10 1/2 hrs. It was sooooo Successful. He is one of the greatest!!!'

Having him write a prescription is rediiculous

Posted on February 26th, 2014

I think that man spends more time out of the office and in meetings than he does seeing patients maybe he should retire because the code of ethics is certainly in my opinion not being followed

Dr Peter Carmel injured my daughter.

Posted on January 5th, 2014

In the early 1980'sI brought my daughter Susan to Dr Peter Carmel She had Hydrocephalus and had to have her Shunt replaced due to her growth. She was fine except her Shunt tube had to be replaced. She walked into Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center just fine and with a steady walking gait. Subsequent to the operation she walked out of the hospital with a noticeable wobble and unsteady gait. I asked Dr Carmel, "What happened to my daughter Susan"? Dr Carmel said it's only the trauma from the surgery she'll be fine. Well he lied and she was not fine,Dr Carmel refused to see my daughter after that he said he doesn't like my attitude as I questioned the operative procedure that obviously had gone bad. Dr Carmel injured her spinal cord so the myelin "Insulation" slowly dissipated from her spinal cord and the results manifested itself very slowly over time.Calls to his office were not returned his secretary Geraldine's attitude reflected his she was nasty and told me stop calling as my daughter was no longer his patient. Today Susan is totally paralyzed from the neck down as a result of Dr Peter Carmel injuring her during that operative procedure that went so terribly wrong by Dr Peter Carmel.

He has been my neurosurgeon for 33 years

Posted on May 24th, 2013

He has been my neurosurgeon for 33 years and you would think that he would like to find the root of my headaches, But no instead he tells me to go to pain management to pop more pills. I am disgusted because not only that but the last two surgeries he did on me he never once visited me in the hospital before or after the surgery . He bedside manner has gone severely down hill since I first met him in 1980.

Best neurosurgeon in the USA

Posted on February 14th, 2011

Dr. Carmel is not only the best neurosurgeon in the country but more importantly, he is kind and cares deeply for each of his patients. He has 47 years of experience behind him and I would trust him implicitly with my life and any of my family members' lives. Anytime spent in his waiting room is well worth the wait, when you know you will be getting the very best medical care possible. Dr. Carmel spends time with each of his patients and gives them answers and solutions to their problems in understandable terminology. He is brilliant at what he does and not in the least bit arrogant, but only kind, caring, and courteous to all of his patients.

Posted on October 25th, 2017