Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Cianfrani
Dr. Peter Cianfrani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pennsburg, PA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Cianfrani is affiliated with St Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus, Grand View Health and Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Cianfrani has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Diabetes Complications
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I have been a patient at this practice for over twenty years with another physician who I am pleased with. However, when my son's were old enough I brought them to see Dr. C. instead of a pediatrician. I dread having to take my son's to him...I tried to switch doctors within the practice and was not allowed. Misdiagnosis when my son had mono, not an Upper Respiratory Infection. Dr. C is good for yearly sports physicals (but only on a specific day and time that works for him) and writing prescriptions for antibiotics and that is about it. I would not recommend him ever.
Dr. Cianfrani has been my family's doctor for two decades. We love him. He answers all the questions I ask in a patient cadence, never coming across as condescending yet using laymen's language. He remembers our names and asks about my son, whom he has been treating since infancy. I could go on and on about what a good doctor he is, because he is -- he is perfectly professional and competent. But I now live out of the area and still travel to him when I'm sick, and frankly it isn't for his competence or his many years of experience. It's because every patient is a human being to him. Oh, and his office area has original artwork.
Dr. Cianfrani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Muhlenberg Hospital Center
St Luke's Quakertown Hospital
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital
Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Grand View Hospital, Sellersville, Pa
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Allentown Campuses
Pennsburg Family Practice
St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
43 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
Mc Keesport Hospital
Dr. Peter Cianfrani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPennsburg Family Practice, 2793 Geryville Pike, Pennsburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Cianfrani in this video.
Dr. Peter Cianfrani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pennsburg, PA.