Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter C Coats has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 11
Is it possible to give zero stars? I was in for a second visit in less than a week. Crying on my husband's shoulder, I was shocked to have the dr come in and proclaim, "I am not impressed with the severity of your pain." Needless to say, I was not impressed with him! I ended up going to a specialist (ENT) and having emergency surgery later. Twenty years later, and I have not been back. Several family members have had similar experiences.
Dr. Coats listened to all of my concerns about my health and responded to each of them. I know he had other patients waiting but he covered each of my problems with a definite suggestion.Appropriate tests were done and I was informed of the results as each one came in. He also cares for my elderly parents and provides wonderful care for them.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Coats is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Peter C Coats accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAscension Health, 6701 Airport Blvd Ste A101, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter C Coats in this video.
Dr. Peter C Coats is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.