The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Coccia
Dr. Peter Coccia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Coccia is affiliated with CHI Health Nebraska Heart, University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy and Children's Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Coccia has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Peter Coccia has the following 21 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Brain Cancer
- Burkitt Lymphoma
- Central Nervous System Diseases (CNS Diseases)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Hodgkin Disease
- Mouth Diseases
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease)
Dr. Peter Coccia has 4 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Peter Coccia is Board Certified in 4 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Coccia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHI Health Nebraska Heart
University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy
Children's Hospital and Medical Center
Children`s Hospital and Medical Center
Children's Hospital - Omaha
The Nebraska Medical Center
Children`s Hospital - Omaha
45 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1968
Suny Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUNMC Physicians, 984220 Nebraska Medical Ctr, Omaha, NE
Dr. Peter Coccia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.