Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Peter R Cole has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I first went to Dr. Cole,22 yrs. ago. I believe he had just started his own practice. He had the friendliest manner, and very down to earth. Finding out I was pregnant, he took the time in every visit to explain everything thoroughly to me. In my fourth month he suggested an amio test as I was (37) with my 2nd pregnancy. He always showed concern for my baby. When my baby was born , he stopped by every day( C-section, 5 day hosp stay) to check on me and my baby. I have to say , I think he has so much joy for each child he brings into this world. 21 yrs later, he still takes the time to listen and shows a very gentle manner. There is no other OBI/GYN I would go to. He is also recognized in the community and medical field very highly.
dr cole delivered my son while we were on vacation in ny. he was very rude to my husband and i and gave us very poor medical care. i contracted mrsa in the hospital and he discharged me without looking into why i kept getting fevers after the unplanned c-section and i ended up with a life threatening infection, along with many other scary complications due to the poor care i received from him at the hospital.
Dr. Cole is easily the best gynecologist I've ever been to. He is caring and knowledgeable, and always takes time to ask me about my health and answer any questions. Although I had been experiencing a common problem for years, none of my prior gynecologists asked the right questions to diagnose the problem. Dr. Cole recognized it almost immediately. I wish I hadn't moved 3 hours away... he's a real find.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
31 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Peter R Cole accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlbany Medical College, 16 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter R Cole in this video.
Dr. Peter R Cole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.