Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter J Counihan MD
Dr. Peter J Counihan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Natrona Heights, PA and Pittsburgh, PA . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Counihan is affiliated with UPMC St Margaret. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter J Counihan has 3 locations
1800 Union Ave
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
200 Delafield Rd Ste 3010
Pittsburgh, PA 15215
Dr. Peter J Counihan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Peter J Counihan has the following 14 expertise
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Counihan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Peter J Counihan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Peter J Counihan's office for more information.
200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh, PA : (412) 647-2345
1800 Union Ave Natrona Heights, PA 15065
200 Delafield Rd Ste 3010 Pittsburgh, PA 15215
Locations & Directions
Dr. Peter J Counihan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.