Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Peter Depowski
Dr. Peter Depowski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Erie, PA, with other offices in Corry, PA and Erie, PA (and 1 other location). He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Cytopathology and Pathology. Dr. Depowski is affiliated with Kane Community Hospital, Saint Vincent Health Center and UPMC Horizon. He speaks English.
Dr. Peter Depowski has the following 2 specialties
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Peter Depowski is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
In that past 90 days this agency refused written surgical path orders from 2 surgeons for me & a family member w/ 4 cancers , new masses. The pathologist threw out 86 out of 90 gms of tissue on 4 different organs reported ...never tested the 10 cancer orders as requested. It was to costly and outside of standard of care....only a gross test was performed with a naked eye without a microscope. Wow this is an expert!!!
Dr. Depowski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kane Community Hospital
Saint Vincent Health Center
Hamot Medical Center
17 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Peter Depowski in this video.
Dr. Peter Depowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Erie, PA.